History & Core Purpose
When the Episcopal Church Home and Affiliates opened Canterbury Woods in summer 1999, they brought a new concept of retirement living to Western New York.
As a Continuing Care Retirement Community, Canterbury Woods offers a continuum of care that provides residents with all of the services and amenities to “age in place.” You can enter the community by choosing a beautiful apartment or patio home, where you can enjoy an active lifestyle with access to fine dining; excellent health care and supportive services; social, educational and recreational opportunities; maintenance and more. If you need more assistance in your daily life, you can move to a higher level of care, right on the beautiful Canterbury Woods campus.
The core purpose of Canterbury Woods and its parent organization, ECH&A is to create evolving vibrant communities. That core purpose is expressed in core values that guide this outstanding community every day:
- Innovation, in providing the latest in proven retirement technology and services
- Passion, in all of our work
- Teamwork, to produce the best results for each resident
- Ethics, with which every action and decision is considered
- Dignity, accorded to each employee and each resident
- Respect, for each individual and for the process of aging
- Communication, so that no need goes unmet
- Dedication, to achieve excellence in serving our residents
- Accountability, always recognizing our responsibility to those we serve.
Since its founding, Canterbury Woods has maintained the highest level of commitment and care for our residents. The retirement community has consistently earned Medicare’s top Five-Star rating and accreditation from the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission—recognizing that the community is among New York State’s very best.
As a Canterbury Woods resident, you will have all of the tools you need to build the active and engaged retirement life you desire and deserve, plus peace of mind knowing that additional health care and supportive services are available if you need them.
To learn more, please contact us for a free, private tour of our campus. Contact us or call Canterbury Woods at 716-929-5817.
Canterbury Woods | 705 Renaissance Drive | Williamsville, NY | 14221 | Main: (716) 929-5800 | Marketing: (716) 929-5817
Person-Centered Care, Assisted Living, and CCRC | ©2019 Episcopal Church Home & Affiliates, Inc.